Thursday, September 13, 2012

First Quiz!

I gave my first quiz today! This is super exciting because I have something to put in my grade book. We get to see my grading policy in action. :)

Actually, to be honest, I'm more excited about the quiz itself and the girls' work. SBG has forced me to re-evaluate the assessments I was giving out, and  revise them. Now I ask for more explanation. It's not enough to write the correct answer, or show some limited algebra. I'm also trying to find more creative ways to assess their understanding. For example, "What did this student do wrong, what should she have done and why?" is something I haven't used much. I should.  Their answers are very informative; I can pretty quickly see what they do know, and where the errors in their thinking are.


Now, to the grading!

No comments:

Post a Comment