Thursday, August 16, 2012

Introductions are in order

Hooray! My first post to this blog! (And as I type that, I have to think, "Holy crap, what am I doing?! I don't need one more thing to do this year!" But, really, this thing? Yes, I need this.)

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Katrina Hamilton, and I am a nerd/geek. (I'm working on the social ineptitude thing...) I love Star Trek, Star Wars, Firefly, Tolkien, Asimov, Bradbury, McCaffery, Lackey, etc. I even have my ham radio license (N8XUG), though I don't really use it any more. College-wise, I went to Michigan Tech for my BS in math, a minor in German, a teaching minor in physics and my teaching certificate. Now I'm working on my MAED through Michigan State - math & science and technology concentrations. Nerd cred established, hey?


I currently teach at the Academy of the Sacred Heart in Bloomfield Hills, MI. Specifically, in the all-girl upper school. I probably have one of the cushiest teaching jobs ever. I teach the classes I really want (physics and calculus), my classes are made up of anywhere from 3-15 juniors or seniors (all girls!), we have a 1-to-1 tablet PC program and fantastic tech support, supportive parents (usually), and a high number of motivated students. Don't get me wrong, though. I still whine and complain - I just feel guilty about it, because I know I could be grading 150 papers instead of just 36.


Also, I use parentheses. A lot.

2 comments:

  1. Nice intro. -- and classes have not even begun yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the Mathtwitterblogosphere! I look forward to reading more posts with lots of parenthesis in them later.

    ReplyDelete